Performance evaluations are one of the most powerful weapons HR can use to demonstrate that the organization had legitimate, non-discriminatory reasons for termination or other adverse action against an employee or unsuccessful job applicant.
This white paper by Workplace Answers' subject matter expert Lynn Lieber, Esq. covers:
- The importance of timely, consistent and accurate performance evaluations
- The “process” of performance appraisal
- Correctly drafting the appraisal itself
- Including organizational goals and standards in the evaluation
- Negative impact of stereotyping during the appraisal process
- Conducting the actual appraisal meeting for maximum impact
- Using employee performance evaluations as a coaching and goal measuring tool
Training is the key to preventing discrimination and harassment claims.