California Wage & Hour Law Course
The fastest expanding risk in employment law is wage and hour class actions, already more numerous than all discrimination class actions combined, with state settlements of $25 million outpacing federal class action awards.
However, California organizations can reduce their risk by ensuring that employees understand their responsibilities under the law. This California Supplement training pairs with the All Employees training module in covering essential Wage and Hour laws, including the FLSA. A Supervisors Supplement module is also available for completely flexible training on these crucial issues.
- Guides CA supervisors in understanding their duties
- Explains when & how supervisors should seek assistance
- Gives examples of the real-life consequences of failure to properly apply wage and hour laws
- Focuses on the seven high-litigation-risk wage and hour areas
- Introduces key laws and describes how they interact
- Teaches how to classify employees
- Describes hours worked
- Instructs supervisors how to apply minimum wage
- Covers regular rate and overtime computation
- Addresses meals and breaks, donning and doffing, and recordkeeping
- Discusses the california wage orders, the federal Fair Labor Standards Act, and other important laws
- Provides additional resources for determining which wage irders and other laws apply to the workforce
- Concentrates on areas of highest risk