HIPAA requires covered entities to have a written security plan for handling protected health information (PHI) and to train employees appropriately.
Our HIPAA compliance course is mandatory training made simple. It’s essentially a HIPAA 101 course that gives an interactive and easy-to-understand overview. This course helps reduce enterprise-wide risk by increasing awareness of the HIPAA/HITECH standard. Your entire workforce must understand the privacy and security requirements for PHI to prevent security breaches and costly fines and penalties from federal and state prosecution.
During this online HIPPA course, we give your employees an introduction to HIPAA by using practical information that can be applied to their day-to-day job functions.
- Explains what information is covered by HIPAA
- Details how to handle protected health information (PHI)
- Teaches individual rights and disclosure rules
- Covers consent and authorization information
- How to respond to a security breach
- Enforcement and penalties