Workplace Answers’ HIPAA training for business associates helps you keep compliant with recent HHS changes to HIPAA. The course teaches your employees and subcontractors about the new rules.
Who Should Take the HIPAA Training?
- Billing assistants
- Medical Management companies
- Claims processors
- Third party administrators
- Managed care organizations
- Wellness companies
- IT company working for a health care company
Whether you are a small billing assistant or a national claims processor, or provide IT or consulting services, it is beneficial to increase awareness and decrease liabilities by training on HIPAA for business associates.
- HIPAA/HITECH overview
- Individual rights under HIPAA
- What is PHI?
- Security requirements for PHI
- Using and disclosing PHI
- Business associates
- Breach notification
- “Minimum necessary” rule
- Enforcement and penalties
- Walks your employees through the basics of HIPAA compliance
- Uses practical information that can be applied to their day-to-day job functions
- Role Plays, Real-life examples and a Graded Quiz