The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) is a legal minefield where one mistake from an untrained supervisor can create serious liability for the organization. It's a complex law with far-reaching implications if it isn't applied correctly.
This 45-minute FMLA course – completely updated to include important new legal changes from 2009 – explains supervisors' responsibilities through the entire process, from pre-leave to post-leave. Its interactive scenarios explain the complex compliance issues, including members of the Armed Services and their caretakers.
- Teaches the major concepts of administering leave that complies with the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Includes most recent amendments to FMLA
- Covers posting and employee notification requirements
- Explains eligibility for FMLA leave
- Defines key terms, such as “serious medical condition” and “continuing treatment”
- Gives invaluable instruction on designating leave as FMLA leave
- Guides Learners through the sensitive process of requiring certification
- Covers the federal Family and Medical Leave Act, including amendments
- Describes interaction between FMLA and other laws