Discrimination in the Workplace/EEO Course
Discrimination Training is More Important than Ever
Last year, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) discrimination charges were the highest ever since the Agency’s founding nearly 50 years ago. Companies are now facing not only increased enforcement by the EEOC, but there are also more protected categories than ever and new regulations concerning background checks. Discrimination training aids discrimination prevention by ensuring that employees know what is considered discrimination and how to report it, and understand that discrimination will not be tolerated.
EEO Training Programs Offer Protection
An effective discrimination training program can establish an “affirmative defense” to avoid liability in the event that an employee submits an EEO claim. We offer a thorough EEO training suite so that your discrimination prevention efforts can build a strong EEO program within your organization. Implementing a comprehensive EEO training workshop can prevent costly and unnecessary claims, saving you money in the long-run.
EEO Laws and Discrimination Prevention
The EEO Laws and Discrimination Training course explains the equal employment opportunity (EEO) laws and is designed for all employees. It covers categories protected by federal, state, and local laws. It also explains prohibited employment practices, including unlawful harassment and discrimination, and details the investigation process and protection from retaliation.
EEO Laws and Discrimination Prevention Supervisor Supplement
The supervisor supplement discrimination training supplement is designed as a refresher for supervisory employees once the EEO Laws and Discrimination Prevention for all employees course has been completed. The course offers additional information that is crucial for supervisors, including interviewing, hiring, discipline, and firing.
- May contribute to a strong affirmative defense in the event of a discrimination claim
- Educates employees on their responsibility in ensuring compliance with EEO laws
- Teaches how to recognize and curb behavior that may lead to a discrimination claim
- Spans the life cycle of an employee, from interviewing, hiring, discipline, and firing
- Emphasizes early response to prevent possible discriminatory behaviors
- Explains EEO laws and defines important terms relating to protected categories and EEO laws
- Provides coverage of federal laws that prohibit discrimination in employment
- Explains how state and federal laws interact