Sexual Harassment Prevention Starts with a Change of Behavior
Although some workplace behavior is easy to identify as inappropriate, many actions that may appear innocent on the surface can be viewed as incidents of sexual harassment. Prevention training helps employees identify questionable behavior and teach them what actions to take if they ever witness or are subjected to sexual harassment at work. Our SLATE Learning Management System (LMS) makes it easy to educate your employees on a timetable that works with everyone’s schedule. Since the courses are available 24/7, there is no need to block out time for the whole company to attend an in-person sexual harassment course or watch sexual harassment videos. Individuals can complete the courses at a time that is most convenient for them.
In our All Employees Sexual Harassment Training course, your staff will learn about the Welcomeness Standard, which determines whether certain behaviors are welcomed or if they are truly sexual harassment. The course also addresses how the Reasonable Person Standard applies to reporting infractions. Lastly, the program covers protected categories as well as emerging subjects, like the rise of electronic harassment through texts, emails, and other online posts.
Sexual harassment training online will cover additional topics like:
- Avoiding discrimination based on age, gender, genetics, pregnancy, etc.
- Identifying non-verbal sexual harassment
- Prevention and proper handling of 3rd party and intersectional harassment
- Navigating the complaint process, including confidentiality and avoiding retaliation for reporting sexual harassment
Looking for a course that covers more than just Sexual Harassment? Our Unlawful Harassment Training courses go beyond sexual harassment to cover all protected categories.
Training Online Simplifies Your Organization’s Legal Defense Against Incidences of Sexual Harassment
“Prevention is the best tool to eliminate sexual harassment in the workplace,” according to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. “Employers are encouraged to take steps necessary to prevent sexual harassment from occurring. They should clearly communicate to employees that sexual harassment will not be tolerated.” Sending a clear message though sexual harassment training also helps your business establish an affirmative defense by proving that you took the proper steps to prevent and respond to potential infractions. Being proactive about sexual harassment prevention today can mean hundreds-of-thousands of dollars saved tomorrow.
For those who are looking for sexual harassment training online, Workplace Answers is the preferred provider. Contact us for more information today!
- Educates employees about harassment and discrimination
- Teaches employees their role in fostering a harassment-free environment
- Sends a strong message that harassment will not be tolerated within your organization
- Explains the necessity of reporting potential harassment promptly
- Defines and provides examples of sexual harassment
- Explains the legally-protected categories
- Details who the law covers, including 3rd parties
- Provides specifics on retaliation and whistleblower protections
- Federal harassment and discrimination laws, including Title VII, ADA, and GINA
- Select state and local laws prohibiting harassment and discrimination
- Key concepts from U.S. Supreme Court cases related to harassment
- Real life harassment cases