Campus Compliance Solutions
Just for Higher Education - Harassment Training, Diversity Programs, Discrimination Training, and More
Most Colleges and Universities have written policies that prohibit sexual and other unlawful harassment of staff, faculty, and students. Courts have found that having a policy is not enough; schools must also train their faculty, staff, and even student employees on the key concepts contained in your HR policies. It is important to provide sexual harassment training, unlawful harassment training, discrimination training, child abuse training, diversity programs and more for all administrators, department heads, and supervisors because they are responsible for disseminating and enforcing your policies.
Why Have Discrimination Training or Harassment Training Specifically for Higher Education?
Because most discrimination training or sexual harassment training courses are geared towards a business environment, they are unable to properly address these issues in the campus environment. Workplace Answers developed training specific to higher education’s many complicated relationships and power structures. These are often ripe for sexual harassment, discrimination, child abuse, bullying or other violations of key laws such as FERPA and Title IX. We have recently added a child abuse training suite to meet with merging mandates stemming from the recent scandals.
Colleges and universities must be hyper-vigilant to prevent unlawful behavior and spot potential issues before they grow into serious problems, particularly since there is the necessity of students working closely under the supervision of faculty and staff. Workplace Answers offers online training courses for the following critical campus compliance topics:
- Unlawful Harassment Training Suite for Colleges and Universities
- Sexual Harassment Training Suite for Colleges and Universities
- Discrimination Training Suite for Colleges and Universities
- Child Abuse Training Suite for Colleges and Universities
- Diversity Programs Training Suite for Colleges and Universities
- Title IX Awareness & Violence Prevention Training Suite for Colleges and Universities
- FERPA Training for Colleges and Universities
- Bullying Prevention Training Suite for Colleges and Universities
- Data Security for Higher Education Training for Colleges and Universities
It is best practice that higher education institutions provide training on all of the topics above to ensure full compliance and to reduce the risk of a lawsuit as much as possible. We recommend that, at minimum, colleges and universities provide Sexual Harassment Training, Unlawful Harassment Training, Discrimination Training, Child Abuse Training and Diversity Programs for all faculty, staff and student employees.